Sunday, 3 April 2016

Seven Things I Loved In March


Hello and welcome to another 'seven things I loved in...' post! I hope you all enjoyed March just as much as I did. I've done some really fun things this month! I went to a concert, met two of my favourite youtubers, got blonde balayage hair again and had a nice day together with my mom! I also watched a very funny series and read a book which I was really curious about. So it's been a pretty fun month and I can't wait to tell you more about these things that I loved in March!


Don't Look At Me Lush Face Mask


I had 5 empty Lush pots which meant that if I bring them back, I get a free fresh face mask! I actually never buy a Lush face mask because I think they are quite expensive, especially since they only last for a month, but they are super nice though! I chose the Don't Look At Me face mask because I tried a tester of it before and it felt so nice on my skin. It has zingy lemon juice to tone your complexion, Tunisian neroli to brighten and organic silken tofu to soften the skin. It also has a dash of rice syrup and grapefruit oil. You can scrub your face with this mask as well when you apply it on your face. This face mask is so blue! I always get the song "I'm blue da ba dee da ba die" in my head when I'm using this mask. I can't be the only one right? If you have 5 empty Lush pots, then you should definitely try this face mask! But you could also just buy it of course.

Painting workshop


My mom and I are very different in many ways, but one thing we have in common is our love for art and painting! We did a mixed media techniques painting workshop by Lora Harreveld in Arnhem and it was very relaxing and a lot of fun! During the workshop we learned a lot of different painting techniques with different materials which we used to paint multiple flowers, each in their own style. Lora also provided us with a super delicious high tea! I think a painting workshop like this would be a lot of fun to do with a group of friends as well, even if you're not a painter or don't want to be a painter, this is still very fun!
Below you can see the result of the painting that I made.



Lucas Hamming


I saw Lucas Hamming live in Utrecht this month! I discovered Lucas Hamming's music recently and I fell in love with it and listened to his album on Spotify a lot. Lucas Hamming is a 22 years old singer songwriter from the Netherlands and he makes awesome alternative rock music inspired by bands like the arctic monkeys.
When I went to Marina and The Diamonds, I saw on a poster that Lucas Hamming would be playing there too. I bought a ticket very last minute and unfortunately non of my friends knew his music and didn't really feel like going to a concert so I went alone, because why not? I had no idea what to expect because I hadn't watched videos of him perform on stage so it could either be very good or disappointing. But he and his band were absolutely fantastic live! They have so much energy and they know how to put that energy in the music. I loved the guitar solo's especially the one from Mojo Mischief. I like that Lucas talked and interacted with the audience a lot and I love his sense of humour! After the show I saw that Lucas and his band were signing their cd's and vinyls so I couldn't resist buying a vinyl version of the album that I love (ham) so they could all sign it. One day when he's really famous, people are going to be jealous that I have his signed vinyl! (I hope) Lucas was also awesome enough to make a video with me to tell my friends how stupid they were that they didn't come, because the gig was amazing!


Meeting Hilly and Hannah from the Hillywood show


Two of my favourite youtubers are definitely Hilly and Hannah from the Hillywood Show and I still can't believe that I met them one week ago at the Dutch Comic Con! I've been following them on youtube ever since I saw their video Gagaween about 4 years ago. The Hillywood Show makes parodies of movies and tv shows in a musical / music video format and they are so talented. They can transform themselves into whoever they want, and they are very professional in producing and editing their videos. But most of all: I love their personalities! Hilly and Hannah are so creative, sweet, funny and adorable! I love watching their behind the scenes video's as well because of their personalities but also to learn more about how they make their videos. They put so much effort in getting all the details right and they always seem to have so much fun when they're filming and creating the parodies.
At the Dutch Comic Con they had a Q&A on stage and their own stand where you can buy their merchandise and just have a chat with them. I was just on time when I went to their stand because the queue got super long in no time! And the queue wasn't moving really fast either since Hilly and Hannah took the time to have a little chat with everyone. Hilly and Hannah were so sweet and kind and even though they had to talk with their fans from 10 in the morning to 6 in the evening (for two days) they were still very excited to meet everyone. It was so great to meet them, they were just the sweetest! I also bought this photograph which they signed for me.


#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso


I read about the book #Girlboss on several blogs which made me curious and when I saw it at a bookstore in Amsterdam Central Station (while I was waiting for my train) I couldn't resist buying it. (also because I love to read books when I'm travelling by train!) This book is mainly a biography of Sophia Amoruso but it also has some advice in it about how to become a #girlboss yourself. Sophia Amoruso started selling vintage clothes on eBay when she was 22. Eight years later, she is the founder, CEO, and creative director of Nasty Gal, a $100 milion plus online fashion retailer with more than 350 employees.
I really enjoyed reading this book and I found it interesting to read about Sophia's life and how she became a girlboss especially since she is not a typical CEO, or a typical anything as she says so herself. I also really enjoyed listening to her podcast called #Girlboss radio in which she interviews girlbosses about their life, work and what they have learned along the way. Listening to her podcast also made me understand her as a person more.

Galavant


A friend of mine told me he was watching a series called Galavant. He said he knew for sure that I would love it too but when he said it was a musical that takes place in the middle ages I was like: "Are you sure I'm going to like this?". But after watching a few episodes, I couldn't stop watching it because it's so funny and ended up watched both seasons in just a few days!
Every episode is 20 minutes long and the first season has 8 episodes and the second one 10.
Galavant is about a very very handsome knight named Galavant who has a lovely British accent. (I may or may not have drooled while watching Galavant) The love of his life Madelena gets kidnapped by the 'evil' King Richard. A girl named Isabella also visits Galavant because she needs him to help her save her parents and take back Valencia which King Richard has taken from them. So Galavant, Isabella and Galavant's squire Sid begin their journey to take back what's theirs while King Richard is trying to win over Madelena's love. But there are certain (funny) twists in the story. I'm not going to tell you more because I don't want to spoil too much. Galavant is just very funny especially king Richard, he's hilarious! They also put in some Game of Thrones references which I like!



Getting blonde balayage hair again


This month I went to the hair salon to redo my blonde balayage hair! Last time I got my hair bleached was in July, so the blonde has grown out a bit. Above you can see what my hair looked like before I went to the salon. This is basically what my hair looks like when I only brush through it. It's a bit greasy on top but I didn't want to wash it because I knew they would wash my hair at the salon anyway.
I always get super excited when I go to the hair salon because I just love it when someone is doing my hair. It took over 3 hours, but I'm so happy with the result! My hair looks more blonde now, especially the sides and on the front. The hairdresser also put a beige colour on top to prevent my hair from looking yellow. She cut the ends of my hair as well, so my hair is looking blonde and healthy again! I also repurchased the Redken Extreme shampoo, conditioner and mask to strengthen my hair again since it's been damaged from bleaching. Below is a picture of how it looks from the front. What do you guys think? :)



What did you love in March? Let me know in the comments!

love,


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Valerie Randomness. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig