Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Showing my Japanese friends the Netherlands | Part 3


After a great day in Amsterdam we had a more lazy day. We played Mario Kart on our Wii (which I haven't played in ages!) and I still can't believe that Naoya and Naoki have never played Mario Kart before. Noaya got really good after some practice, but he still can't beat me at Rainbow Road hehe. In the evening we went to a Dutch festival called Appelpop and later that night we went back to the citycentre to meet up with some of our friends to go out, have some drinks and to dance the night away!

The Hoge Veluwe Park
On Sunday we went to a well known park here where I live called 'Park de Hoge Veluwe'. I remember coming here with my parents and with school when I was younger. I love the landscape here because it always reminded me a bit of an African landscape. In this park you can find the Kröller-Müller museum which is known for having one of the biggest Van Gogh collections. Vincent van Gogh is a famous Dutch painter who died in 1890. To get to the museum we used the white bycicles which was really fun! You can use the white bicycles for free but the entrance to the park isn't free though.


Kröller-Müller Museum
Compared to the Rijksmuseum where we've been to a few days before, this museum is rather small but the art appealed more to me. As I said before, this museum has one of the biggest collections Van Gogh paintings, but they also have famous paintings from Claude Monet, Georges Seurat, Pablo Picasso and Piet Mondriaan.


Below are some of the paintings that I really liked!


The painting below is made out of dots! I wonder how long it took the artist to make such painting. 


The one below is definitely one of my favourites, I love the colours and atmosphere in this painting. 


Lunch break!
They had carrot cake with white chocolate topping yay! Seriously, it's so delicious. 


After that we went to the sculpture garden which is also part of the museum. The garden was a lot bigger than I thought and it also had some pretty high hills which we couldn't resist climbing on. 


I feel so inspired after visiting the Rijksmuseum and the Kröller-Müller museum and Naoya's stories about paintings that I really want to start painting again. But I want to do so many things actually! Hopefully I find the time to do it all. :)

Hope you enjoyed this post!

In the next, and also the last post about our week together, I talk about our day at the open air museum in Arnhem where we went back in time for a day! It was so much fun so I can't wait to share it with you. :)

Have you ever been to the Hoge Veluwe Park?

Part 1 |  Part 2 |  Part 4

love,

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Valerie Randomness. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig