Sunday, 17 May 2015

A secret garden in London


When you think about London you'll probably think of the Big Ben, the London eye, the red busses, Piccadilly and Oxford Street. At least, that was what I thought about when I thought of London before I moved here, but London is actually so much more than that. I love finding new (hidden) places and recently I found this 'hidden garden' in north London near hampstead heath called The Pergola & Hill Gardens and it's so beautiful. It's actually a big garden which belongs to a house called "The Hill", but it's open for all people but closes at night. 
Not many people seem to know about this place (at least not the people I spoke to about it).
I went there on a sunny Saturday and there were only a few people there while all the other parks in London are filled with people on days like this.

This place reminds me a bit of fairy tales like Sleeping Beauty and Tangled with all the plants and flowers and birds chirping, it just has a really magical dreamy atmosphere. A perfect place to go to when you want to escape from the busy city for a little while and relax and unwind on a sunny day!


House "The Hill" :


There were also some really beautiful views from this place where you can look pretty far away:


All the ducks were sleeping at the pound. I think they were relaxing and enjoying the sun in this beautiful place as well :)


I also found my dream house! It's close to Pergola, hidden between trees and plants but still very close to the center of London. One day Valerie... one day....


If you want to go to this place, go to the tube station "Hampstead" on the Northern line. It's a 10-15 minute walk from there.

Love,
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Valerie Randomness. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig