Saturday, 27 December 2014

Arriving in Paris

Hello everybody! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! :) If you follow me on Instagram or have read my post about my Christmas decorations, then you might already knew that I spent Christmas in Paris last week. I have been in Paris one time before, 3 years ago, but there were still so many things I wanted to see. And last week I have done many things, and also made a lot of photos, so I decided to make several post about my week in Paris. Hope you don't mind ;).

On the afternoon of Monday 22 December we arrived in Paris. We went by car, which took us about 5 hours to get there. We stayed at an apartment we found on the internet near Wagram metro station. The apartment looked really cool, it was from someone who rents his apartment from time to time. Staying at an apartment from someone who lives in Paris made us kinda feel like real citizen.


The apartment was on the top floor, and to get there we could use this very small, but very cool and fancy elevator. They also decorated their hallway as you can see!




We found all kinds of random stuff that was already in the apartment: iphone cables, candles, paintings of pugs, pink toilet paper and also bunny ears! And how cool is the refrigerator?! By the way, if you're wondering who the girl with the bunny ears is, that's my younger sister, you're probably going to see her more on my photo's haha.

 The first thing we did, before we unpacked, was looking outside the windows to see this beautiful view. The Eiffel Tower was so beautiful, sometimes it was even sparkling! 

Before we went to the Sacre Coeur, we watched a little 3fm Serious Request. (Three DJ's of the dutch radio station 3fm lock themselves in the 'glasshouse' and try to raise as much money for a charity as possible. This is an annual event and it is just really fun to watch and you can also visit the glasshouse. It's really popular in the Netherlands. This year they raised money for girls in developing countries who were victim of sexual abuse. They raised over more then 12 million euros!)













At night we went to the Sacre Coeur because it has one of the most beautiful views of Paris. After that we searched for a nice place to eat. Everything was so nice decorated with Christmas lights! My first impression was that Paris was more decorated then London, where I've spent Christmas two times before. 
After a while we found a place to eat but the waitress was so stressed even though it wasn't that  crowed. But the place looked nice and the food was okay. And of course I had creme brûlée as desert because I can never say no to creme brûlée... After that we went home to make sure we got enough sleep, because we wanted to do a lot of thing the day after!

Make sure to follow me if you want to see more of my week in Paris!


Love,
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Valerie Randomness. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig