Sunday, 9 November 2014

Onerepublic concert

On October 28, after waiting for months, I finally saw Onerepublic live at the König Pilsener Arena in Oberhausen (Germany). The concert was so amazing! Ryan is such a good singer. Live he's just as good as on the album. He is also so energetic! He was jumping on the blocks on the podium and even on the piano. It was so much fun watching him perform. And ooooow my goodness he came to our seats and he was standing like 10 cm away from me. We were so lucky!

I'm a huge fan of Onerepublic since their song Counting Stars. I bought the album Native and I felt even more in love with their music. I felt really lucky that I was able to see them live. I went with my friend Elke and we were so excited that we were like 3 hours early so we had to wait quite a while before they actually came on stage.

On every seat there was this folder with Mando Diao on it (my favourite band ever)! Who I'm going to see this November. Can't wait to see them!
Before Onerepublic came on stage, a band called Kongos played some song. I think I've heard of this band before but I'm not sure. Kongos is an alternative rock/kwaito band from South Afrika and I really liked their music. The past week I've been listening a lot to their music actually. If you like alternative rock you should definitely check them out! (kongos youtube channel)Onerepublic will come on stage very soon! Excited! 






I was filming while they were playing 'Feel again'. I was zooming out and right at that moment Ryan jumped of the stage but I didn't see it because I was looking at my camera. I heard people scream and I was like: "What's going on?? Where is he??" Then I heard people scream behind me so I turned around and oh my goodness, there he was, Ryan Tedder, just one meter behind me and walking towards our seats. How lucky where we? The arena has so many rows and he walked past our row! The rest of the concert I was like: He just walked here, like right here. Whaaaaaa



They really know how to make a great show. I really liked the lights and the visuals, it was in the same kinda style as their album Native. They also played some older songs like 'Secrets', 'Stop and Stare' and 'Apologise'. They also played some songs of other artists like 'Budapest' from George Ezra. 
They said that they are working on a new album which I can't wait to hear. I will definitely go again when they have another tour!

If you're interested in how they performed after reading this blog post (I hope you are) then you can watch some of the highlights here because I also filmed a little ^^


Are you a Onerepublic fan?

Love,
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. wow im soo jealous!! i love their album too :)

    http://inkmeincelestine.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that he got so close to you guys! Great photos. I love going to live concerts! :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love to go to live concerts! Wish I could go to one every week but that would be a little bit too expensive though...

      Delete
  3. I'm kind of jealous! I love concerts. Lovely photographs. X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to their concert at the beginning of this year and they were great!
    http://www.thoughtsinstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing! I love One Republic and being 10cm away seems like a dream!!! Oh, and welcome to the blogging world! <3
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked OneRepublic a lot. Didn't listen to their songs for a while. The concert looks amazing, glad you had great fun!

    www.writingmonique.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, that is being lucky, I love One Republic so much!
    www.klimver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Valerie Randomness. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig