Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Let's go to Hogwarts!

Hello and welcome to this magical blogpost about the amazing Harry Potter studio tour! I went to the Harry Potter studio's when I was in London at the end of August. This was actually the second time for me at the studio's (lucky me!), the first time was in may 2013. I really wanted to do a blogpost + a short video about the tour but it took a little while, but here it finally is! Enjoy!






































Sometimes the tour has a theme like around halloween or Christmas. The theme now was 'bludgers and broomsticks' which was really cool because I love quidditch! The people who made the broomsticks for the movie were also there making broomsticks and you could ask them questions. At diagon alley was a girl wearing the actual quidditch outfit worn in 'the half blood prince', and so there were more quidditch related things around the tour which made it even more exciting.

I have always been interested in how they have made the movies, what happened behind the scene's and why they made certain decisions. A few years ago I bought a book called "Harry Potter Page to Screen the complete filmmaking journey" by Bob Mccabe. This book has answers to those question. This book weights more then 3kg , has a lot of details and exclusive pictures and is absolutely amazing. If you like the filmmaking part of Harry Potter you should definitely check this book out. If you're not that much of a reader, there are also DVD's about this called "Creating the World of Harry Potter".
A lot of things I read about in that book are about things that are included in the studio tour, so I was super excited that I was going to see these things in real life, like the creature shop, the head of Hagrid, the costumes, the different death eaters masks, Luna's jewellery and a lot more! There was so much to see! The photos above are just some highlights of the tour!

This tour is great even if you're not really that into Harry Potter. Just to see how much effort those people have put into the movies and in all the small details is amazing.
If you can't get enough of all this Harry Potter stuff, here is the video I made about the tour with even more footage!


What do you think is the most excited part about the tour?

Love,
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Absolutely amazing photos! I can't fit the whole experience into only one post, it was just so so incredible :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! That's why I also liked to make a video about it :)
      Looking forward to your next post about the tour! ^^

      Delete
  2. I loved this!

    I'm having a give away where you can win two EOS lip balms on my blog. Feel free to check it out and enter :)

    http://glassow.com/2014/10/give-away-eos-lip-balms/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab photos!!! :D

    I went at the beginning of the year and it's absolutely brilliant. I feel like I saw most of it (we spent like 4h in there!) but I'd love to go again some time :) xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waauw! Het ziet er zo gaaf uit! Mooie foto's ook! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I like your blog and will be following if only just for your photos, they are gorgeous! THe tour you posted also looks like so much fun~

    Rosegold Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was a lot of fun! and thankyou ! xx

      Delete
  6. I'm so jealous! The tours were completely booked last time I went to England. You have some great shots, it makes me nostalgic for my childhood!

    thesundaywardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww :( I had the same problem when I was in London last Christmas.. really wanted to see all the sets dressed up for Christmas but it was already booked months before I even knew that I would be in London with Christmas.

      Delete
  7. Want to go there so bad!! I'm getting all jealous now :-)

    xx Emma, ouvrirlabouche.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like so much fun. I am going to london in a few weekends so I will ahve to check this out!


    rae of love from berlin

    ReplyDelete

© Valerie Randomness. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig