Sunday, 28 September 2014

My autumn decorations

School is started again, the leaves are slowly turning orange, the weather is getting colder... Jup it's definitely autumn again. Even though it's getting colder, the beginning of autumn is still one of my favourite times of the year (also because my birthday is in the beginning of October!)  When autumn starts I like to put some autumn decorations in my bedroom to give me that lovely cozy autumn feeling.


I haven't spend much on these items, most of them are form Xenos (a shop in the Netherlands and in Germany). The green tin candle is from Primark and has fresh citrus & ginger scent, which I love! The white pillow with the leaves on it is from Ikea, and my hat is from Zara. :)

Around this time of year, I drink tea more often, especially cinnamon flavoured tea. I also love these cinnamon candy sticks. I have a super soft blanked on my bed which I like to wrap myself in when I'm watching a movie or something. I also like to have lots of candles in my room. 

When I was younger my grandma always gave me some chestnuts around autumn. She told me if I kept one in my pocket it will bring me luck and nothing bad would happen to me. When I was younger I used to have really bad panic attacks so I always kept one in my pocket. My grandma also died in autumn, 4 years ago. One of the last things she said to me was "Try to find the biggest chestnuts, they bring the most luck". Luckily I don't have these panic attacks anymore but around autumn I always collect some of the biggest chestnuts that I can find. This year I have put them all together in a cute little bowl as you can see on some photo's above.

Hope you like these decorations! If you have any questions about these items just let me know :)
Do you also decorate your room when it's autumn?

Love,
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Very cute post. I love all the decorations!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. These decorations are so nice and it really spices up the room. I also like the pictures. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! Thanks for the inspiration xx
    anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hat is so cute on you! I'm loving the idea of trays showcasing fall decorations.

    http://www.bohochiccafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE how you've decorated! fall-ish, without being too cutesy! very nice :)
    --jill

    http://thejjreport.com/2014/09/30/eighteen-hours-in-miami/

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovin these fall decorations, nicely done! xoxo

    http://midoriline.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've tagged you to do the Autumn tag :-*

    http://augustaworld.blogspot.dk/2014/10/autumn-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog and all your photos are amazing!! It is fair to say I am now a huge fan :)
    xxx

    would love any advice on my latest post
    http://itsnicnic.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/mercedes-benz-sydney-fashion-festival.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a sweet backstory about the chestnuts <3

    becky,

    accooohtrements.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww you look absolutely gorgeous in the first pic:) super fall-ish pictures, love your decorations:) i need to decorate my home as well, can't wait to light on some candles <3

    lots of love xx
    Nee from ROSECANDLE11

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is so very pretty! I love your decorations :)

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks gorgeous!

    http://www.thetouristoflife.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww these are so pretty!! It makes me wish I had my own place to decorate it as nice as this :') love how cosy it looks x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this post,it's soo nice :)
    xoxo
    Antonella :)

    ReplyDelete

© Valerie Randomness. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig