Friday, 5 September 2014

Mermaid Tail Nails

Hello there! My first blogpost on ValerieRandomness WHOOHOO! Today I wanted to show you this nail design I made. I recently bought a new nail polish (the gold one, see below) and for some reason it reminded me of a mermaid tail, and I love mermaid tails! They are so pretty. I love the glittery, shiny colours that nicely blend together, so I wanted to create something similar on my nails. Here it is!
I used two colours with glitters in it. To make the colours blend together nicely, I used a sponge to apply the polish on to my nails. I know there are some professional sponges to do this, but I found a random little sponge somewhere in the house and I think it worked just as good. 
I drew the half circles with a black nail polish that comes with a skinny brush, but you can also use a small paint brush or a toothpick to apply the black. I didn't use a base coat because I have never felt like I needed one because I have really strong nails that grow fast. (and maybe I'm a bit lazy)

THE PRODUCTS I USED


(from left to right)
Catrice 
no. 44 'Mermaid my day' (yes that's really the name of the colour!)
ANNY
 no. A10.514 'Hot to handle'

NYC(new york color)
no. 001 'Black Ink'

Top Coat by TCW (The Color Workshop) 

I also used a cotton swab with some nail polish remover to clear the edges of my nail. (it can get a little messy using a sponge to apply nail polish)





CHECK OUT THE VIDEO  
    



Let me know what you think of my first blogpost. Hope you liked it! :)

Love,
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Such a creative idea! They turned out great!!

    http://thatbackpacker.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You just earned a new follower! c:

    http://liliummind.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww yeah! haha
      Warm welcome to my blog♥︎

      Delete

© Valerie Randomness. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig